Providing Robust Insights
The Strong Interest Inventory provides robust insights into a person’s career interests, helping them to discover potential career paths they may not have considered, and giving them a wealth of information about how they approach the world of work.
Career-Development Planning With The Strong Assessment
The Strong assessment is an invaluable tool for career development professionals to help their clients navigate the potential minefield of choosing a career. It can also be used to help professional people adapt to lifelong career changes. The range of general and specific information it extracts about a person’s professional interests can empower them in identifying a rich and fulfilling career. It is widely used both at the start of a career, helping students to choose their initial direction at university or in a first job, and at various stages throughout a career, inspiring ideas for those professional changes that typify a portfolio career.
Strong Key Features
- Backed by over 80 years’ research into how people of similar interests are employed, and what motivates them in the workplace
- Looks at six broad interest areas determining to what extent a person is realistic, artistic, social, enterprising, conventional or realistic
- Measures preferences within 30 professional fields, from the arts to law
- Ranks the top ten most compatible occupations from a possible 260 specific jobs
- Describes an individual’s personal style within five workplace themes, such as teamworking, leadership and risk-taking
- Based on large, representative norms that account for race, age and gender
Robust, Broad Perspective Career Questionnaire
Developed by psychologist E.K. Strong and continually refined and researched, the Strong Interest Inventory is an indispensable tool for the modern workplace. It benefits from a variety of lenses through which career interests and preferences can be assessed: starting with a broad view of general fields of interest, the inventory goes on to suggest specific career options for the individual, and gives them an insight into their likely professional style once in a job.
How Do I Buy The Strong Interest Inventory?
In order to maintain rigorous standards of quality in the field of personality assessment, access to the Strong questionnaire and associated products is restricted to those holding the BPS Test User: Occupational, Ability qualification (formerly Level A). Innersummit Ltd is an administrator of this tool.